Mains operated smoke detectors
For your peace of mind and the safety of your family and property, it is recommended that you have Mains Operated Smoke Alarms and Heat Detectors fitted in your home.
- 45,000 household fires last year in Britain
- 306 fire related deaths in dwellings
- 8900 non-fatal fire related casualties / injuries to persons
- No smoke alarm present in 16,400 of these homes
(Communities and Local Government, Fire Statistics, Great Britain, 2010-2011)
Part B of the Building Regulations requires that all new dwellings (houses) and existing properties that have had loft conversions or extensions must have:
- Mains operated smoke alarms / heat detectors that are linked together and backed up by a battery in case of loss of power
Installing new smoke alarms / heat detectors takes approximately one day, depending on the customer requirements.
All work will be tested, inspected and certified to BS 7671 17th Edition quality and safety standards. Part P certifcate will be issued upon completion of work.
Please contact Peter @ Flex Electrical Services for a free, no obligation quote.