From start to finish Flex Electrical services will provide a quality service for your full house re-wire.
Cable manufacturers recommend that their electrical cable will last approximately 25 years before it needs replacing. But this is dependent on the type and usage of electrical installations within the property.
If your home was built before 1985, it may require a full house re-wire. This can be determined by:
- the type of Consumer Control Unit (Fuse board) that you have fitted in your home
- the type of sockets and switches you have fitted in your home
- if you are regularly experiencing problems with your electrics
- inspection and testing of the existing circuits
- the type of the existing cable used (pre 1960, this was Black V.I.R. rubber insulated cable and this no longer meets safety standards, as the rubber can go hard, become cracked and perish.)
A full house re-wire involves:
- Installing a new high integrity dual RCD Consumer Control Unit (Fuse board)
- Earthing arrangements to gas and water (to ensure all the metalwork in your home is safely earthed)
- Replacing all the cable within the whole household
- Fitting new sockets and switches throughout your home
- Installing new light fittings in each room of your home
- Installing new extractor fans
- Remedial plastering
This is one of the biggest and most disruptive jobs to be undertaken within your home. Furniture may need to be moved temporarily to allow access for electrical work to be completed. Walls will have to be chopped out (ie plaster removed) to enable new wiring to be installed into them. At Flex Electrical Services I take pride in making the process as pleasant as possible, ensuring that every night when I leave, your home is as clean and tidy as when I came.
- Floor boards and carpet will be put back down
- Furniture will be reinstated if requested by the customer
- Dust sheets will be used
- Debris and dust will be vacuumed
- Where walls have been chased out to remove old cable, the area that has been chopped out will be plastered and made good. (This does not include re-plastering / re skimming of the whole wall)
- Although some rooms may be left with no power temporarily (with agreement of the customer,) all habitable main rooms will be left with working power, heating and lighting supply overnight.
All work will be tested, inspected and certified to BS 7671 17th Edition quality and safety standards. Part P certifcate will be issued upon completion of work.
Please contact Peter @ Flex Electrical Services for a free, personalised, no obligation quote.